2015 HDI in South Asia Region has been Topped by Sri Lanka [ Current News (Concise) ]
In 2015 Sri Lanka has maintained its high ranking in human development index (HDI) in the South Asia Region. According to the 2015 Global Human Development Report (HDR) conducted by UN Development Programme (UNDP) Sri Lanka was ranked 73rdwith an HDI value of 0.757.
Other seven countries ranks are as follow:
- Maldives (104)
- India (130)
- Bhutan (132)
- Bangladesh (142)
- Nepal (145)
- Pakistan (147)
- Afghanistan (171)
India and Bhutan are categorized as the medium human development countries category.
- Whereas Nepal, Pakistan and Afghanistan are categorized under low human development countries category.
- According to the 2014 report Sri Lanka had ranked at the 74th place.
- After 2009 civil war island nation’s rank has grown up by five positions Since the end of the civil war in 2009, the.
2015 HDR report examine the HDI values by measuring long-term progress of 188 countries and territories in three basic it will determine:
- Long and healthy life.
- Access to knowledge.
- Decent standard of living.
- Published on: January 25, 2016