2015 Indian Super League Football Champions has been won by Chennaiyin FC [ Current News (Concise) ]
Second edition of Indian Super League (ISL) Football tournament has been won by Chennaiyin FC. Chennaiyin FC has beaten hosts Goa FC by 3 - 2 goals score in the final played at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Goa.
Till the 87th minute of final match Goa was leading by 2 - 1 goals till 87th minute but at 90th minute the self goal from their keeper Laxmikant Kattimani and Colombian Stiven Mendoza’s strike seconds has helped Chennai to win the title.
Awards of 2015 ISL
- Golden boot Award is reserve by John Stiven Mendoza Valencia of Chennaiyin FC, with tournament’s highest score of 13 goals.
- Golden Glove Award has been given to Apoula Edima Edel Bete of Chennaiyin FC.
- Muthoot Group Fair Play Award is given to Mumbai FC.
- Hero of the League award is reserve by John Stiven Mendoza Valencia from Chennaiyin FC.
About Chennaiyin FC
- Chennaiyin FC is Chennai based ISL franchise.
- Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Vita Dani and Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan are the owner of this franchise.
About Indian Super League (ISL)
- In 2013, the ISL football league was launched in order to promote football in India on the lines of Indian Premier League and Twenty20 formats of Cricket.
- The main aim behind ISL is to make India a globally powerful in football and promote the game so that India can be eligible for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
- It is maintained by the AIFF (All India Football Federation).
- Similar to IPL it uses a city based franchise system.
- In 2014, Atletico de Kolkata had won the inaugural ISL football tournament.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 21, 2015