2015 MITRA SHAKTI Exercise begins in Pune [ Current News (Concise) ]
About MITRA SHAKTHI exercise: It is a joint India - Sri Lanka Military exercise. It has begun at Anudh Military station at Pune. It is the 3rd joint training exercise for the country who seeks to build cooperation among militaries. It is conducted for 14 days.
About the Importance of MITRA SHAKTHI:
- The reason behind this is to promote healthy military relations and to develop joint strategies between the two Armies.
- This is also useful to improve confidence and trust between the two militaries.
- This helps in engaging the armies into anti - terrorism operations including the ones under UN directive.
- It will contribute in developing rich rapport of understanding and respect in this joint military.
- It will seek to extract maximum learning value from the training.
- It will increase basic military skills and forms different levels of military engagement across.
- Joint Military is important as it maintains the values of Peace, Prosperity and Stability in the South Asia region.
- Published on: September 29, 2015