2015 Men’s Junior Asia Hockey Cup has Won by Indian Junior Hockey team [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Eight edition of Men’s Junior Asia hockey cup has won by India’s junior men’s hockey team. India beat up Pakistan with 6 - 2 goals and wins the match in the finals played at Kuantan (Malaysia).
- Harmanpreet Singh has got lead with highest score of four goals followed by Armaan Qureshi and Manpreet Singh scoring 1 goal each.
- Harjeet Singh was Captain of Indian team, while Captain of Pakistan team was Ahmad Shakeel Butt.
- In the history of 27 years, both champion competitors had reached the final of for record six times of this Cup which is considered as Asia’s Premier Junior tournament.
- South Korea won the bronze medal by defeating Japan by 2 - 1 goal score in this edition of Cup.
- India, Malaysia, Japan, China, Korea, Pakistan, Oman and Bangladesh eight international teams had participated in the 8ht Men’s Junior Asia Cup.
- Harmanpreet opened India’s account within 10 minute.
- The First - half was completed comfortably by India with lead of 3 - 1 goals.
Other Awards of Cup
- Top goal scorer: Harmanpreet Singh (India) of India got top goal scorer awards with 14 goals in tournament.
- Man of the Match: Harjeet Singh (India) caption of Indian team.
- Best Player of the Tournament: Shahril Saabah (Malaysia).
- Best Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Vikas Dahiya (India).
- Fair Play Award: Japanese Team.
- Published/Last Modified on: November 24, 2015