2015 National Medal of Science has been honored to Dr. Rakesh K. Jain [ Current News (Concise) ]
For 2015 National Medal of Science of the United States Indian American professor Dr. Rakesh K. Jain has been selected. President Barack Obama at a White House ceremony in January 2016 will present him with this award and other top 16 winners were also going to award they all are selected for their individual achievement and leadership in advancing the fields of science and technology.
About Dr. Rakesh K. Jain
- At Harvard Medical School Rakesh K. Jain is currently serving as professor and also is the director of tumour biology laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- He is observed as an inventor in the area of tumour micro-environment and widely recognized for his seminal discoveries in tumor biology, in vivo imaging, bioengineering, drug delivery and bench-to-bedside translation.
- At Chemical Engineering from IIT-Kanpur he has done his B. Tech.
- Around 75 awards have been received by him for his contribution to engineering and medical field.
He is also member of all three branches of the US National Academies they are
- National Academy of Medicine
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Academy of Engineering
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
About National Medal of Science
- United States Government has established this award in 1959 and since that it is annually honored personae’s who have achieve something new in fields of science, technology social sciences, chemistry, engineering, biology, mathematics and physics.
- It is presented by the US President to individuals in science and engineering.
- Published on: December 24, 2015