2015 Sangita Kalanidhi award will honored to Singer Sanjay Subrahmanyam [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The prestigious 2015 Sangita Kalanidhi award will be honored to notable south Indian classical singer Sanjay Subrahmanyam. The renowned mathematician Manjul Bhargava will honor him with this awared at 89th annual conference of the Madras Music Academy in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Together with this he has become seventh artistes who have honored with this award before completing 50 years of age.
Others recipient of this award:
- Ariyakudi Ramanuja Iyengar,
- Musiri Subramania Iyer,
- Maharajapuram Viswanatha Iyer,
- Semmangudi R. Srinivasa Iyer,
- G. N. Balasubramaniam,
- M. L. Vasanthakumari and
- M. Balamuralikrishna
About Sanjay Subrahmanyam
- He is born on 21 January 1968 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- He has started to learn music at the age of seven.
- He has got his training in vocal music by Rukmini Rajagopalan.
- He had started performing Carnatic music from 1987.
- He is Charted Accountant by profession but in 2000 became full-time musician.
- Gaana Padhmam in 2013,
- Vani Kala Sudhakara in 2010 and
- The title Kalaimamani by Tamil Nadu Government in 2006 etc.
About Sangita Kalanidhi award/title:
- The Madras Music Academy annually presents this prestigious award to an expert of Carnatic Music.
- The award’s name has been name upon Sanskrit world which means treasure of Music and art in English.
- This honour is considered one of the highest awards in Carnatic music.
- Published/Last Modified on: January 8, 2016