2015 eASIA award for trade facilitation has been won by DAVA Project [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The Department of Commerce project the Drug Authentication and Verification Application (DAVA) has won the 2015 eASIA Award under Trade Facilitation category. Asia Pacific Council for Trade Facilitation (APCTF) and Tehran based (Iran) Electronic Business has announced this award.
- AFACT managed this eASIA; the main aim of them is to development and promotion of trade facilitation, electronic business policies and activities in the Asia Pacific region.
About DAVA project
- In June 2015, DAVA project was launched by Union Government.
- The objective behind this project is to create an integrated platform for implementation of the Track and Trace system for exporters and domestic markets of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals.
- According to this project all the drugs manufactured in India and contribute considerably in enhancing the brand image of our pharmaceutical exporters.
- Under this governing agencies and consumer will allowed establishing drug authentication
- With this DAVA application has been integrated with valuable features like availability of stocks for a drug in an area/retailers/wholesalers at a point of time.
- By using these drugs can easily be identified and remembered due to traceability of stocks which will helps in prevention of black marketing which especially arises during epidemics.
- At the percent moment it launched in preliminary stage and after its full scale implementation it will help to completely control the export of fake or spurious drug from the country.
- Published on: January 8, 2016