2015 rugby world cup won by New Zealand [ Current News (Concise) ]
New Zealand has won the 2015 Rugby World Cup for record third time. It defeated Australia. The final match was played in Twickenham, England. The winning team defeated Australian team by 34 - 17 score.
- It became the first nation to retain the Webb Ellis Cup and it was their first victory on the distant soil.
About rugby world cup:
- Rugby World Cup is disputed every four years between the top international teams.
- It was first held in 1987 and was co - hosted by New Zealand and Australia.
- The winning team is awarded with the William Webb Ellis Cup
- The trophy was named after William Webb Ellis who perceived sport of rugby according to a popular legend.
- Four countries have won the trophy since its beginning.
About other Countries who won this award:
- New Zealand has won it three times (1987, 2011 and 2015).
- Australia (1991 and 1999).
- South Africa (1995 and 2007).
- England has won it once in 2003.
- Published on: November 3, 2015