2015’s Sultan of Johor Cup of Hockey wins by Great Britain [ Current News (Concise) ]
About Sultan of Johor Cup of Hockey: Sultan of Johor Cup is a yearly worldwide hockey tournament under - 21 held in Malaysia. It is the only invitational junior hockey competition which is played at international level.
- It is named after the Sultan of Johor who was formal head of the Malaysian state of Johor.
- India is the more successful team in this tournament who is reaching 4 finals out of 5.
- Great Britain wins this tournament by defeating India 4 - 3 in unexpected death penalties in 2015.
- The Sultan of Johor Cup was started by the State Government of Johor in 2011.
- This tournament is a certified event in the schedule of the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- Sultan of Johor Ibrahim Ismail launched the opening tournament on 28th September 2011.
About winning of Great Britain:
- Great Britain won the 2015 Sultan of Johor Cup by defeating India.
- India lost in penalty shoot by 3 - 4 goals score with Great Britain.
- Both teams had equaled by 2 - 2 goals score in regular full time match played at Johor Bahru of Malaysia.
- Sumit Kumar and Harmanpreet Singh from India have been the top scorers with three goals each in the tournament for the country.
- Earlier, India was placed at the top in the association level of the cup, just losing one match to Great Britain.
- Malaysia was placed at third position in this tournament after defeated Argentina by 3 - 2 goal scores in semi - final.
- 6 teams named Australia, Argentina, India, Pakistan, Great Britain and hosts Malaysia were participated in 2015 edition of tournament.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 20, 2015