2016 Asia Cup T20 Trophy Has Been Won by India [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 2016 Asia Cup T20 trophy has been won by India for a record sixth time. India has beaten Bangladesh by 8 wickets in the final match played at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur. Due to spell of thundershowers the match was reduced to 15-over-per side.
Indian has completed 122 runs with the loss of 2 wickets in 13.5 overs.
India’s Shikhar Dhawan scored 60 runs and followed by Virat Kohli with 41 runs.
- Captain of India: Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Captain of Bangladesh: Mashrafe Mortaza.
- Man of the Match: Shikhar Dhawan.
- Man of the series: Sabbir Rahman (Bangladesh).
Most runs in the series: Sabbir Rahman (176) of Bangladesh. Most wickets in the series: Al-Amin Hossain (11) of Bangladesh.
2016 Asia Cup:
The 13th edition of Asian Cup was held in Bangladesh for the fifth time from 24 February to 6 March 2016.
For the first time it was played using the T20I format in Bangladesh.
In this edition 4 teams had participated and they are:
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates (Qualifier)
India and Sri Lanka has won the continental title 5 times and Pakistan for the 2 times.
- Published/Last Modified on: March 7, 2016