2016 Australian Grand Prix of Formula One Has Been Won by Nico Rosberg [ Current News (Concise) ]
Nico Rosberg, Mercedes driver from Germany has won the 2016 Formula One Rolex Australian Grand Prix held at the Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit. It was the first race of the 2016 season of Formula One in which total 11 teams had participated.
With this Rosberg has won fifteenth championship title of F1 in his career and the first win in the 2016.
Result of 2016 Australian Grand Prix:
- First Position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes team.
- Second Position: Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain) of Mercedes team.
- Third Position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari team.
- Fourth Position Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) of Red Bull team.
- Fifth Position: Felipe Massa (Brazil) of Williams team.
- Seventh Position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India team.
- Thirteenth Position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India team.
Top 3 teams are:
- Red Bull
About Nico Rosberg:
- He was born on 27th June 1985 in Wiesbaden, West Germany.
- He races for the German flag in Formula One, and has also briefly competed for Finland very early in his career.
- Rosberg won the 2005 GP2 Series for the ART team.
- In 2006 Rosberg has entered in Formula One with Williams, the team with which his father had won the 1982 championship.
- He was the youngest driver to set the fastest lap: 20 years, 258 days in 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix
- He has achieved Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2011
- He was honored with 2014 FIA Pole Position Trophy
About Australian grand prix:
- The Australian Grand Prix is annually held and oldest surviving motor racing in Australia.
- Currently according to contract to host Formula One until 2023.
- The first race was held in 1928 and from then it is held annually, this year it was 81 races.
- The race has been a round of the FIA Formula One World from 1985.
- Published on: March 23, 2016