2016 BRICS Wellness Workshop Kicked Off in Bengaluru [ Current News (Concise) ]
The first BRICS Wellness Workshop the four day event kicked off in Bengaluru, Karnataka from September 10, 2016 jointly by Union Ministry of AYUSH and Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS). Along with it National Fair on comprehensive Indian Medicine system (AROGYA) was also inaugurated.
- The Workshop is focus on Traditional Systems of Medicine, Trade and Economy and session on WHO strategy for Traditional Medicine.
- Workshop also has
- Wellness and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Wellness indicators for BRICS
- Wellness and Tourism among others
- The AROGYA Fair is a comprehensive Health and Wellness Fair which will display strengths of traditional systems and wellness sector in India and BRICS partner countries.
- The AROGYA fair will be good coverage for manufacturers and traders of Traditional Medicines and Raw Materials of the BRICS Countries.
- BRICS is the abbreviation for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- The grouping was originally known as “BRIC” before the attachment of South Africa in 2010.
- The BRICS members are all developing or newly industrialized countries. Russia currently holds the chair of the BRICS group, and hosted the group’s seventh summit in July 2015.
- As of 2015, the five BRICS countries represent over 3 billion people, or 42 % of the world.
- The BRICS have received both approval and disapproval from numerous commentators.
- Published on: September 13, 2016