2016 Central Banker of the Year Award has been won by RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for year 2016 has been awarded to Governor of RBI Raghuram Rajan. The Banker, a monthly publication of Financial Times Group the awarded presented to him. This award has been honored to those who play significance role in best managed to stimulate growth and stabilize their country’s economy.
About Raghuram Rajan
- He was born on 3rd February 1963.
- He is serving as the 23rd Governor of RBI from September 2013.
- He was chief economic adviser (CEA) to Union Ministry of Finance in 2013 before he took charge as Governor of RBI.
- From 2003 to 2007, he is serving as chief economist at the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- He has also served as professor of finance at the graduate business school at the University of Chicago.
- He has authored many books on economics.
Awards and Honours:
- Fischer Black Prize (2003)
- Deutsche Bank Prize (2013)
- Best Central Bank Governor award (2014)
- Published on: January 11, 2016