2016 FIDE World Chess Candidates Tournament Has Been Won by Russian Grandmaster Sergey Karjakin [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
The prestigious FIDE World Chess Candidates Tournament held in Moscow has been won by the Sergey Karjakin a Russian grandmaster. He has defeated American grandmaster Fabiano Caruana scoring 8.5 points in the final round.
He will now play with the incumbent world champion, Norwegian Grandmaster Magnus Carlsen, in a match for the world chess crown in November 2016 after this victory.
About Sergey Karjakin:
- He was born on 12th January 1990 in Ukrainian.
- He is world’s youngest Grandmaster ever after he had qualified for this title at the age of 12 years and 7 months, it is his world record.
- He had won the 2012 World Rapid Chess Championship.
- He also won the 2015 Chess World Cup.
- He also had won the Norway Chess Tournament for the two times and the 2009 Corus Chess Tournament.
- At the 2013 World Team Chess Championship in Antalya he has served as member of the gold medal-winning Russian team.
- Published on: March 29, 2016