2016 French Open Title Won by Novak Djokovic [ Current News (Concise) ]
Novak Djokovic a World Number One tennis player of Serbia has won the 2016 French Open title in the men’s singles category at the finals by beating Andy Murray of Britain with 3 - 6, 6 - 1, 6 - 2, 6 - 4 score.
- With this he won his first French Open title and finished the career Grand Slam.
- It was over 12th major title of Djokovic and he became the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to hold all four Grand Slams at once.
- With this he made place in list of the eighth man in history of tennis who have won all four of the sport’s major singles prizes.
Other category winners:
- The Women’s singles title of 2016 French Open won by Garbine Muguruza (Spain) by beating Serena Williams (United States) with 7–5, 6–4 score.
- The Men’s doubles title of 2016 French Open has been won by the Spanish pair of Feliciano Lopez and Marc Lopez by beating Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan pair from US with 6–4, 6–7 (6–8), 6–3 scores.
- French pair of Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic won the Women’s doubles title of 2016 French Open by beating Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina with 6–3, 2–6, 6–4 score.
- The Mixed doubles title of 2016 French Open has been won by the Leander Paes (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair by beating Sania Mirza (India) and Ivan Dodig (Croatia) pair with 4–6, 6–4, [10–8] score.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 6, 2016