2016 Global Innovation Index: India Spot 66th Position [ Current News (Concise) ]
India has spotted 66th position from 81st (in 2015 GII) in the 2016 Global Innovation Index (GII) so came 15 spots up according to the annual index published by France-based international business school INSEAD and World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
- This index judge the rank based on world economies according to their innovation abilities based on more than 80 indicators from 2007.
- This historical achievement of India is just because of its improved strengths in tertiary education, corporate R&D, software export and market sophistication.
- India has preliminary to top in ICT and creative goods exports.
- With this achievement India has given a good example and has shown how its policy is improving the innovation environment.
- In middle income countries, China (17) got first rank in innovation quality which is followed by India (25) with second rank by overtaking Brazil (27).
- China has figured at the 25th position (29th in 2015 GII) is the only middle-income country in the top 25.
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is specialized agencies of the United Nations which was founded in 1967 with aim “to boost creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world.”
- Currently total 189 states and 26 international treaties are members of WIPO.
- Its headquartered is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Published on: August 22, 2016