2016 Green Economy Visionary Award Honored to Dr. R Seetharaman [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The 2016 Green Economy Visionary Award is honored to Dr. R Seetharaman a CEO of Doha Bank for his contribution in environment-friendly activities and thereby promoting green economy for nearly two decades.
- Mohammed Jarrah Al-Sabah, Chairman of Union of Arab Banks at the 2016 Union of Arab Banks (UAB) has honored him with this award at International Banking Summit held in Rome.
About Dr. R Seetharaman
- Seetharaman was ranked at sixth position by business magazine Forbes in the Forbes’ Top Indian Leaders in the Arab World 2015 list in 2015.
- R Seetharaman has received multiple doctorates:
- Global Governance from the European University in 2013
- Green Banking and Sustainability from Sri Sri University in 2015
- honorary degree (Doctorate of Laws) from the Washington College
- In September 2007 he took charge as CEO of Doha Bank.
- And since joining he has overseen the bank’s growth from its base in Qatar to the UAE, India, Singapore and China and other countries.
About Doha Bank
- Doha Bank is largest commenced Bank founded in 1978.
- From March 1979 it has started to provide International Banking services in Doha.
- Doha Bank provides individuals and commercial, corporate and institutional clients across Qatar and even internationally, new and better ways to manage their financial lives
About Union of Arab Banks
- Union of Arab Banks (UAB) is development cooperation organization between Arab banks, developing of Arab financial business, and also to increasing the financing role of Arab banks in the Arab World. 1
- The Union of Arab Banks was founded in 1974 on 13th March under the umbrella of the Arab Administrative Development Organization during a meeting of an elite group of Arab banks and management leaders.
- The headquarters is located in the Central District of Beirut, Lebanon and has three major district offices in Egypt, Sudan and Jordan.
- Published/Last Modified on: June 3, 2016