2016 Malaysian Open Title of Badminton Has Been Won by the Lee Chong Wei [ Current News (Concise) ]
2016 Malaysian Open title in the men’s single category has been won by the Lee Chong Wei Malaysia’s badminton, at Kuala Lumpur by beating Chen Long (world number 1) of China in straight games 21 - 13, 21 - 8 in a match that lasted 42 minutes.
- With this Chong has won overall 11th Malaysia Open title after having won in 2004, 2005, 2006 and consecutively from 2008 - 2014.
Other category winners of 2016 Malaysian Open
- Women’s singles Title: Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand.
- Men’s doubles Title: Kim Gi-jung and Kim Sa-rang a South Korean pair.
- Women’s doubles Title: Tang Yuanting and Yu Yang a Chinese pair.
- Mixed doubles Title: Indonesian pair, Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir.
About Malaysia Open Badminton
- The Malaysia OpenBadminton championship is an annual badminton tournament which was arranged annually since 1937.
- It has been played in various locations such as Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Penang, Selangor, and Kuantan.
- And from 1942 to 1946, because of World War II, and from 1969 to 1982 the event’s annual pattern was interrupted twice.
- It became one of the BWF Super Series tournaments beginning in 2007.
- It is now also recognized as the Malaysia Super Series.
About Lee Chong Wei
- Lee Chong Wei was born on 21 October 1982 at Bagan Serai, Perak.
- For 199 consecutive weeks from 21 August 2008 to 14 June 2012 Lee was ranked first worldwide as a singles player.
- After Rashid Sidek and Roslin Hashim he is the third Malaysian player to achieve such a ranking and only Malaysian shuttler to hold the number one ranking for more than a year.
- In both the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games Lee has earned silver medalist, making him the sixth Malaysian to win an Olympic medal and the first Malaysian to reach the finals in the men’s singles event, ending Malaysia’s Olympic medal deficiency since the 1996 Games.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 11, 2016