2016 Monte Carlo Masters Title of Tennis Has Been Won by Rafael Nadal [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 2016 Monte Carlo Rolex Masters title of Tennis has been won by the top tennis player Rafael Nadal from Spain at finals by beating Gael Monfils of France with 7 - 5, 5 - 7, 6 - 0 score. It was his 9th Monte Carlo Masters title and his 68th win from 100 finals on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour.
- It was also 100th ATP Tour final appearance of Nadal and this win also help out Nadal to be equivalent to Noval Djokovic’s (World No 1) record of 28th Masters Titles.
About Rafael Nadal
- Rafael ”Rafa” Nadal Parera was born on 3rd June 1986 at Manacor, Spain.
- He is world No. 5 tennis player.
- After his dominance and success on the surface, he has been titled “The King of Clay” and popularly known as the greatest clay-court player in history
- He is one of the greatest players in tennis history with some considering Nadal to be the greatest player of all time.
- Rafael Nadal has won:
- 14 Grand Slam singles titles
- 28 titles in ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events
- 16 ATP World Tour 500 tournaments
- Gold medal in singles at 2008 Olympic
About Monte-Carlo Masters:
- The is an annual tennis tournament for male a professional player which is held in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, France during April-May as part of the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Tour. Monte-Carlo Masters.
- The tournament is played on sand courts.
- First tennis championship of Monte-Carlo Masters was held in 1987, and in 1969 it become open event. And from that time it is played annually.
- Published on: April 19, 2016