2016 Mutua Madrid Open Title Has Been Won by Novak Djokovic [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 2016 Mutua Madrid Open title in the men’s single category has been won by Serbian Tennis player Novac Djokovic (World no. 1) at the final match played in Madrid, Spain he defeated Andy Murray of Great Britain by 6 - 2, 3 - 6, 6 - 3 score.
- Djokovic has stimulated gaining of Spain’s Rafael Nadal with a record 29 ATP Masters 1000 titles with his win.
- In the last 6 ATP 1000 competitions it was also Djokovic’s fifth win.
- Simona Halep (World No. 6) has won the women singles title of the Madrid Open in Women’s Single Category Romanian tennis player at the final match played at Madrid (Spain), she defeated Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia by 6 - 2, 6 - 4 score.
- With this she has won third Madrid title and first title of 2016 season.
- Overall this was her 12th career title.
About Novak Djokovic:
- Novak Djokovic (world No. 1) was born on 22nd May 1987 is a Serbian professional tennis player by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- He is normally measured one of the highest tennis players of all time.
- He is taught by earlier Slovak tennis player Marian Vajda and past German tennis player and six-time Grand Slam champion Boris Becker.
- In the ATP rankings for a total of 198 weeks Djokovic has won 11 Grand Slam singles titles, a total which is ranked fourth in the Open Era tied with Bjorn Borg, and has held the No. 1 spot.
- Djokovic became the sixth male player to win three majors in a calendar year by winning three Grand Slam titles in 2011.
- He recurring this achievement in 2015.
- Djokovic has won an all-time record six Australian Open titles including an open era record of three consecutive titles from 2011–2013 in majors.
- He also had won three Wimbledon titles and two US Open titles.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 10, 2016