2016 UEFA Champions League Has Been Won by Real Madrid FC [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 2016 UEFA Champions League has been won by Real Madrid FC for the record 11th time by beating Atletico Madrid FC with 5 - 3 goals in penalty shootout. Both teams have scored 1–1 goals in regulation period in final play which have led to draw.
- Captain of Real Madrid Sergio Ramos has scored goal in 15 minutes and Yannick Carrasco form Atletico Madrid has scored at 79th minutes.
- Real Madrid FC scored 5 goals in tie-breaker penalty shootout against Atletico Madrid which scored only 3 goals.
- Earlier Real Madrid FC had won UEFA Champions League in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2014.
About UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Champions League is an annual central club football competition organized by the UEFA.
- It is opposed by top-division European club and is measured as one of the most respected tournaments in the world.
- It is also most significant club competition in European football which is played by the national league champion and for some nations of each UEFA national association.
About Real Madrid C. F
- Real Madrid commonly known simply as Real, is a professional football club based in Madrid, Spain.
- It was founded in 1902 as Madrid Football Club, the team has conventionally worn a white home kit since beginning.
- King Alfonso XIII has given royal title to the club in 1920 together with the royal crown in the emblem.
- Since 1947 the team has played its home matches in the 85, 454-capacity Santiago Bernabeu Stadium in downtown Madrid.
- Real Madrid’s members (socios) have owned and operated the club throughout its history similar to the European sporting entities.
- Published on: May 31, 2016