2016 US Masters Golf Has Been Won by the Danny Willett [ Current News (Concise) ]
The prestigious 2016 US Masters Golf tournament has been won by the Danny Willett (28) from England. with a score of 283 (−5) it was his first major championship and three strokes ahead of runners-up Lee Westwood (UK) and the defending champion Jordan Spieth (US).
- Willett became the first European golfer to win the Masters since 1999 and the first from England since Nick Faldo’s similar win in 1996 after this victory.
- He has beaten champion Spieth with led by five shots as he had approached the 10th but later he dropped six shots in three holes.
- He tied for second spot with Lee Westwood.
- This year 2016 US Masters Golf was the 80th edition of the Masters Tournament held at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
About Danny Willett
- Danny Willett was born on 3rd October 1987.
- He had started his professional career in May 2008.
- In June 2012, Willett won for the first time on the European Tour by defending Marcus Fraser on the fourth extra hole of a sudden death playoff at the BMW International Open in Cologne.
- In 2007 he actives Yorkshire Amateur, English Amateur
- In 2008 he win Australian Amateur Stroke Play Championship, Spanish Amateur Open Championship
Us Masters Tournament
- The is one of the four major championships in professional golf and first of the majors to be played each year at Augusta National Golf Club, a private golf club in the city of Augusta, Georgia, USAUS Masters Tournament
- The Masters is scheduled during the first full week of April.
- It was started by Clifford Roberts and Bobby Jones.
- The tournament is an official money event for the PGA Tour, the European Tour, and the Japan Golf Tour.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 12, 2016