2016 WTA Brisbane International Tennis trophy has been won by Sania Mirza, Martina Hingis [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 2016 WTA Brisbane International Tennis trophy in the women’s doubles category has been won by Ace Indian tennis player Sania Mirza and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis at the finals played in Brisbane (Australia). They have batten the top seeded duo defeated German pair of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic by 7 - 5, 6 - 1 score.
- After the US Open, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Beijing and WTA Finals in the women’s doubles category it is the sixth title in a row won by Indo-Swiss pair.
- And after this win their recorded of winning match is reach 26-match streak together.
- Another doubles team to win more than 25 consecutive matches was Gigi Fernandez (Puerto Rico) and Natasha Zvereva (Belarus) who had notched up 28 straight victories in 1994.
Women’s Singles Title
- In the Women’s Singles Category Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) has won the 2016 WTA Brisbane International tennis trophy by betting Angelique Kerber of Germany with 6–3, 6–1 score.
- Published on: January 11, 2016