2016 Yash Chopra Memorial Award has been honored to Actress Rekha [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The third edition of Yash Chopra Memorial Award has been honored to popular Bollywood actress and Rajya Sabha MP Rekha for her talent and contribution to the film industry. The award was conferred upon her by Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao in recognition of.
- Bhanu Rekha Ganesan was born on 10 October 1954 in Chennai in then Madras State (now Tamil Nadu).
- She is one of the finest actresses in Hindi cinema.
- In 1966 she was entered in film industry as a child actress in the Telugu film Rangula Ratnam.
- And in 1970 she has debuted as a lead in Sawan Bhadon.
- She has acted in more than 180 films in her 40 years career.
For her roles in Khubsoorat (1980), Khoon Bhari Maang (1988) and Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996).
- 3 Filmfare Awards
- 2 for Best Actress
- 1 for Best Supporting Actress
- National Film Award (for Best Actress for her representation of a classical courtesan in the film Umrao Jaan (1981) )
- Padma Shri in 2010
About Yash Chopra Memorial Award:
- This awared is given annually to renowned senior film personality for their outstanding contribution to film industry.
- In the memory of the producer-director Yash Chopra who was passed away in 2012, this awared was formed by the TSR Foundation of T Subbarami Reddy.
- And the awared carries Gold Medal and a cash prize of 10 lakh rupees.
- In 2013 Lata Mangeshkar
- In 2014 Amitabh Bachchan
- Published on: January 27, 2016