2016 Assembly Election Results: West Bengal [ Current News (Concise) ]
Under the leadership of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ruling All India Trinamool Congress Party (TMC) has won the 2016 West Bengal Assembly Election with 211 seats (two-third seats) of total 295 seats.
- Coalition of Indian National Congress (INC) and Left combine has won 76 seats evolving as largest opposition front.
- Mamta Banerjee West Bengal Chief Minister and TMC Supremo have won from Bhabanipur Assembly Constituency.
- Mamata Banerjee was reelected with majority and signifies first ruling party to win without support since 1962 in west Bengal.
Party wise Result:
- All India Trinamool Congress (TMC): 211 seats.
- Indian National Congress (INC): 44 seats.
- Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI-M): 26 seats.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP): 3 seats.
- Revolutionary Socialist Party: 3 seats.
- Gorkha Janmukti Morcha: 3 seats.
- Communist Party of India (CPI): 1 seat.
- Independent: 1 seat.
- West Bengal legislative assembly election was held for the 294 seats (out of 295 seats) in six phases between 4th April 2016 and 5th May 2016.
- The first phase was held in Naxalite-Maoist unnatural Red corridor areas with two polling dates on 4th and 11th April, 2016. The other phases were held on 17th, 21st, 25th, 30th April and 5th May.
- In 2011 All Indian Trinamool Congress has won the election under leadership of Mamta Banerjee and has ended 34 year rule of the Lest Front government.
- Published on: May 23, 2016