22nd Edition of Delhi Book Fair Kicked Off [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 22nd edition of the Delhi Book Fair (DBF) kicked off at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, the fair will be nine days event and 4th September 2016 will be last day of the fair.The theme of the this edition of DBF is to highlight initiatives undertaken by Union Government for its Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan to infix better reading habits in the youngsters.
- Indian Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) organizes the Delhi Book Fair along with Federation of Indian Publishers.
- Union Government’s past two years National campaigns had highlighted in the Theme Pavillion which is dominated by initiatives such as Make in India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Digital India, Skill India, Startup India, Smart Cities and Startup.
The fair includes wide range of:
- Fictions and non-fictions books
- Academic books besides plenty of children’s literature.
- Publications such as digital innovations
- Indian and foreign publishers
- Book sellers and distributors
- Educational institutions
- Periodicals and magazines
- For students and teaching community will get free entry to the fair under special facility.
About Indian Trade Promotion Organization:
- India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) was founded on 1at April 1977.
- ITPO promotes India’s external trade under Ministry of Commerce and Industry (India).
- Its headquarter located at Pragati Maidan.
- ITPO is a Mini-Ratna Category-1 Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) and Government of India holds its 100 percent share.
- Published on: August 30, 2016