23rd April is Celebrated as World Book and Copyright Day [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
Every year 23rd April is celebrated as World Book and Copyright Day to encourage reading, publishing and copyright all over the world. The World Book and Copyright Day is also called as only World Book Day.
About celebrating of World Book and Copyright Day:
- It is organized by United Nations Educational, scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- In United Kingdom, this day is celebrated on the first Thursday of March month.
- We celebrate ‘The World Book Day’ on 23rd April as first time this day was celebrated on 23rd April in 1995.
- It is also celebrated on 23rd April as first book was made in 23rd April 1923 by booksellers in Catalonia of Spain.
- UNESCO decided to celebrate the day on 23rd april as it was the death anniversary of William Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega and also some other prominent authors.
- UNESCO stands for United Nations Educational, scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Its aim is to contribute peace and security by encouraging international partnership through educational, scientific and cultural improvements in order to increase universal respect for justice, the rule of law and human rights along with essential freedom stated in the United Nations Charter.
- It has 195 member states and nine associate members.
- Published on: April 25, 2016