26th January: Republic Day of India [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
Every year 26th January is observe as Republic day of India and this is 67th republic day of India. This day is observed for honors to the day on which the Constitution of India has come into force on 26th January 1950 replacing the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India.
- This day is celebrates by flagging India tricolor at every government and non-government organizations.
- At National Capital New Delhi in Rajnath Pared is organized which gives tribute to India.
- This year in 2016 French president Francois Hollande is chief guest of India.
- In 2016 French Army soldiers and Band tool will also take part in 67th republic day celebration for the first time from 1950.
Army dogs to march on Republic Day after 26 years. 36 “lucky dogs” have been selected from total of 1200 Labradors and German Shepherds.
Also this time, the celebration would be 25 min shorter, from 115 min to 90 min.
- On 26th November 1949 the Constitution was adopted by the Indian Constituent Assembly.
- And it came into effect from 26th January 1950 with a democratic government system, completing the country’s transition towards becoming an independent republic.
- This day is selected as republic day because in 1930 it was the Declaration of Indian Independence (Purna Swaraj) was proclaimed by the Indian National Congress as opposed to the Dominion status offered by the British Regime.
- It is national holidays in India.
- And the other two are Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanti.
- Published on: January 26, 2016