26th November observed as “Constitution Day “ [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
26th November is celebrated as the “Constitution Day”. The anniversary of adaptation of the Constitution of India by Constitution Assembly of India Importance of the Day : 0n 26th November 1949, constitution of India was adopted which came into effort on January 26, 1950 as the beginning of a new generation in the history of free India.
- 26th November 2015 is declared as Constitution Day by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 11 October 2015 as a part of national celebrations of 125th birth Anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar Chairman of the Drafting Committee of Constituent Assembly.
- For celebration of Constitution Day Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE) is the.
- With the aim to spread awareness the supreme law of the country and existing document which makes the government system works effectively. nodal Ministry has organized huge amount of activities on the occasion of the first Constitution Day.
About Constitution of India:
- The Constitution of India is the supreme law of India.
- It is a living document which defines fundamental political principles, establishes the structure, procedures, powers and duties of government institutions and sets out fundamental rights, directive principles and the duties of citizens, so it’s a permanent mechanism which makes the government system works.
- Compeer to any other independent country in the world it is the longest written constitution.
- The chief architect of the Indian Constitution is Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, but the Constituent Assembly works under Dr. Ambedkar and the final copy of the Indian Constitution was drafted by his team.
- And the Constitution was signed by over first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Published on: November 26, 2015