30th Edition of Surajkund International Crafts Mela Begins at Faridabad [ Current News (Concise) ]
The 30th edition of Surajkund International Crafts Mela has begun at Faridabad in Haryana. It was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. And this year’s theme Sate is Telangana and the two focus countries are China and Japan.
- The Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism has agenized this Mela in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs Ministry.
- This will be 15 days festival.
- It will represent the richness and diversity of handicrafts, handlooms and cultural heritage of the country.
- 300 artistes from Telangana will also perform different folk arts and shall represent its unique culture and rich heritage.
- 23 countries are going to participate in this edition of Mela and shall host performances by international folk artistes from Japan, Egypt, Congo, Maldives, Thailand, Vietnam, Russia, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan.
Surajkund Crafts Mela:
- It was established 1987.
- This festival is hosted annually.
- The Mela represents some of the most exquisite handlooms and handicrafts of India and culture.
- Published/Last Modified on: February 2, 2016