33% posts for women constables in CAPFs has been reserve by Union Government [ Current News (Concise) ]
With the aim to enhance women’s representation Union Government has decide to reserve 33 % posts of Constables for women in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). Rajnath Singh Union Home Minister has approved suggestion in this regard and it will come into effect very soon with immediate effect.
- In Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) 33 % posts will be reserved for women for the post of Constables.
- And also 14 - 15 % posts in the Border Security Force (BSF), Sashastra Seema BAL (SSB) and Indo Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) will also be reserved for women.
- The Committee on Empowerment of Women has suggested this reservation for women and this decision is taken upon their recommendation.
- To provide proper representation to women in paramilitary forces, the committee has suggested instant necessity of this reservation.
The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) is force which administrates five security forces of India under the authority of Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema BAL (SSB)
- Published on: January 8, 2016