35 Nursing Personnel are Honored with National Florence Nightingale Awards by President [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
The National Florence Nightingale Awards has been presented by President Pranab Mukherjee to thirty-five nursing personnel from across the country at the award at a function held in Rashtrapati Bhavan on the occasion of International Nurses Day (12 May).
About National Florence Nightingale Award:
- The Florence Nightingale Award was founded by the Union Health Ministry to honour the selfless services rendered by Nurses with devotion, sincerity, dedication and compassion.
- The award is called after Florence Nightingale, originator of modern nursing.
- The day is celebrated as International Nurses Day all over the world and she was born on 12th May 1820.
- The Award is assumed to the unsettled nursing staffs employed in Central, State/UTs.
- Nurses working in Government, Voluntary Organizations, Mission institutions and private institutions can also put on with owing reference of troubled State Government.
- The Award comprises 50, 000 rupees cash award, a certificate, a citation certificate and a medal.
- Published on: May 13, 2016