35th IITF initiated by President Pranab Mukherjee in New Delhi [ Current News (Concise) ]
About 35th IITF initiation: President Pranab Mukherjee initiated 35th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The 14 day fair has been organized by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), under guidance of Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- India Trade Promotion Organisation is headquartered at Pragati Maidan.
- It is the nodal agency of the Government of India under support of Ministry of Commerce and Industry for promoting country’s outside employment.
- Over 7, 000 firms from India and overseas are participating.
- This year Afghanistan has been linked as the partner country and Bangladesh is the focus country.
- The Indian states, Goa and Jharkhand are linked as partner states, while Madhya Pradesh is the focus state.
- Theme of 2015 edition of IITF is ‘Make in India’ which is developed to encourage the companies to manufacture their products in India.
The major objective:
- The major objective behind this international employment festival is to focus on 25 sectors of Indian economy for skill improvement and job formation.
- Some of these sectors are: automobiles, chemicals, Information Technology, textiles, ports, pharmaceuticals, leather, aviation, tourism and hospitality, railway, auto components, wellness, design manufacturing, renewable energy, mining, bio - technology, and electronics etc.
- Published on: November 23, 2015