3rd Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation Has Been Inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi [ Current News (Concise) ]
The third edition of Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation has been inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi to save wild tigers. India is host of this edition of conference in which more than 700 tiger experts, scientists, managers, donors and other stakeholders are participating.
- In this conference main discussion points will be issues related to tiger conservation and anti-poaching strategies.
- Ministers and government officials from all 13 tiger range countries (TRCs) participating in the conference.
- These 13 TRCs are:
- Lao PDR
- Participating TRCs In this edition of conferences will share their:
- Good practices and success stories in conserving tigers
- Success stories in conserving tigers.
- The conference will also bring anticipated momentum and accommodating for tiger protection at the global level.
- It will also have long-term difficulties in the future for tiger protection.
- In 2010 the first edition of Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation was held in Hua Hin, Thailand and in 2013 second edition was held in Thimphu, Bhutan.
- Published/Last Modified on: April 13, 2016