3rd BRICS Urbanization Forum Meet Kicked Off in Vishakhapatnam [ Current News (Concise) ]
The third edition of three days BRICS Urbanization Forum Meet has been kicked off at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. N. Chandrababu Naidu the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has inaugurated this conference and Union Minister of Urban Development, M. Venkaiah Naidu was also has attended it.
- The BRICS nations, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa representatives are attending this conference.
- The main focus of this conference is to discuss investments, urbanization, formation of new cities and others.
- And they will also discuss on how to increase the productivity and make a separate urban finance system and how to increase employment opportunities.
- ‘Vizag Declaration’ will be created based on the discussions and deliberations during the summit, which will be important for ministers’ conference of BRICS, which is going to be organized on October 15 and 16, 2016 in Goa.
- BRICS is the abbreviation for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- The grouping was originally known as “BRIC” before the attachment of South Africa in 2010.
- The BRICS members are all developing or newly industrialized countries.
- Russia currently holds the chair of the BRICS group, and hosted the group’s seventh summit in July 2015.
- As of 2015, the five BRICS countries represent over 3 billion people, or 42 % of the world.
- The BRICS have received both approval and disapproval from numerous commentators.
- Published on: September 14, 2016