43rd BSF-BGB DG Level Border Coordination Conference at Delhi [ Current News (Concise) ]
6-day 43rd Director General-level border co-ordination conference is at New Delhi. It is held between the Border security Force (BSF) and the Bangladesh Border Guards (BGB). This Conference will be completed on 5th October.
- Will be attended by the 22-member BGB delegation headed by Major General Aziz Ahmed, Director General; 25-member BSF delegation headed by Director General K. K. Sharma; and senior officials of the Ministry of Home Affairs, External Affairs and other law enforcement agencies.
- First session will be started at BSF headquarters, CGO Complex, New Delhi.
- Focus for this conference is to improve coordination between the border guarding forces of the two countries.
- Trans-border crimes, smuggling of cattle, drugs, activities of Indian insurgent groups based in Bangladesh, prevention of illegal migration, joint efforts for effective implementation of coordinated border management plan, and confidence-building measures will be discussed.
- Joint agreements will be signed between the DG BSF and DG BGB.
- Last such conference was held in May 2016 in Dhaka.
Border Guards Bangladesh
- One of the oldest uniformed forces of a Bangladesh.
Border Security Force
- One of the 5 Central Armed Police Forces.
- Founded on 1st December 1965 during the 1965 War.
- Published on: September 30, 2016