4G telecom service has been launched by Reliance Jio [ Current News (Concise) ]
4G (4th Generation) telecom service using LTE (Long Term Evolution) Technology has launched by Reliance Jio. Mukesh Ambani Chairman of the company has launched this service on the 83rd birth anniversary of Dhirubhai Ambani, founder of the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) in Navy Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- In this initial phase of 4G service was launched only for 85000 employees and their families of the company.
- And this service will be available for country from April 2016.
- The main features of Jio 4g services are broadband networks, affordable smart phones and the availability of rich content and applications.
- Its main aim to provide unique combination of high speed data up to 1 gigabyte per second (Gbps), telecom, media, digital commerce and payment services.
India’s 4G profile
- By this launch Reliance Jio has became fourth telecom service provider in India to who has launch 4G service.
- Airtel was the first telecom service provider in the country to launch 4G service using LTE Technology in Kolkata in 2012.
- In July 2014 Aircel has become second to launch 4G (in 4 circles Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar and Odisha) and Vodafone India has become third launch 4G on 8th December 2015 in Kochi, Kerala.
- The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) has developed this 4G LTE which is wireless communications standard.
- 4G LTE is one of few competing 4G standards which has WiMAX (IEEE 802.16) and Ultra Mobile Broadband (UMB).
- Currently two standards are commercially used world-wide like LTE and Mobile WiMAX standard.
- In 2007, WiMAX standard was first commercially in South Korea and in 2009LTE standard was first used in Norway and Sweden.
- Up to 10x speeds of 3G networks for mobile devices such as tablets, smartphones, netbooks and wireless hotspots etc. has been designated to provide by this service.
- It can provide minimum internet speed 100 Mbit per second (Mbps) to 1 Gbps.
- At high speed, 4G technologies are designed to provide IP (Internet Protocol) -based voice, data and multimedia streaming.
- Published on: December 30, 2015