4th SAIEVAC Ministerial Meeting Kicked Off at New Delhi [ Current News (Concise) ]
The fourth edition of the 3 day landmark South Asia Initiative to End Violence Against Children (SAIEVAC) Ministerial Meeting (from 9 to 11 May 2016) has kicked off at New Delhi and it is being hosted by the Union Ministry of Child and Women Development.
- The meeting will measure development and increases of the past 10 years of regional effort of SAIEVAC and classify imports for SAIEVAC for the next five years.
- Representatives from the governments and civil society administrations of India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are participating in it.
- It will set policies and agree on promises to confirm the security and defense of the children of the region.
- The Ministerial conference will be headed by a two day technical meeting focusing on critical problems of child passion and defense in the region.
- India is going to display some of its major creativities like Childline-1098, Trackchild and Khoya Paya, Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act) 2012 among others.
- Since that SAARC summit made a commitment in 1986 by installing children as a ’summit-level concern, the 4th Ministerial Meeting marks 30 years.
What is SAIEVAC?
- SAIEVAC is apex body of the South Asian Association for Regional
- Cooperation (SAARC) nations formed to carry governments of the section into active meeting for child protection in contradiction of violence.
- Published on: May 11, 2016