5th September celebrated as National Teachers Day [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
About National Teachers Day: 5th September is celebrated as National teachers Day in India every year since 1962. Teachers day is celebrated in the memory of India’s first Vice President Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s birthday on 5th September.
- At this day teachers and students celebrated at schools in which students play the role of teachers to give them honour.
Another Countries celebration of Teachers day:
- 20 countries celebrate a common Teachers’ Day on 5th October which are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Canada, Estonia, Germany, Lithuania, Macedonia, Maldives, Mauritius, Republic of Moldova, Netherlands, Pakistan, Philippines, Kuwait, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia and the UK.
This year celebration in India:
- This year’s occasion of National Teachers Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released memorial coins of 125 rupees and 10 rupees denomination in honour of former President Dr. Radhakrishnan.
About Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was born on 5th September 1888 in Thiruttani.
- He was an Indian philosopher and statesman.
- He was one of the best known scholars in the field of relative religion and philosophy in India in the 20th century.
- Published on: September 10, 2015