63rd National Film Awards 2015 Has Been Presented by President Pranab Mukherjee [ Current News (Concise) - Awards ]
63rd National Film Awards for the year 2015 has been presented by President Pranab Mukherjee in various categories at the function held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. 2015 Dada Saheb Phalke Award, highest official recognition (award) in Indian cinema is conferred to the legendry actor Manoj Kumar.
- The Best feature film award is conferred to Baahubali the Beginning (Tamil, Telugu film) directed by S. S. Rajamouli.
- The Best Popular film for providing wholesome entertainment is conferred to Bajrangi Bhaijaan (Hindi) directed by Kabir Khan.
The 63rd National Film Awards in the various categories are:
- Best Actor: Amitabh Bachchan for Piku.
- Best Actress: Kangana Ranaut for Tanu Weds Manu Returns.
- Best Direction: Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Bajirao Mastani.
- Best Film on Social Issues: Niranayakam (Malayalam) directed by V. K. Prakash.
- Best Supporting Actor: Samuthirakani for the film Visaranai (Tamil).
- Best Supporting Actress: Tanvi Azmi for the film Bajirao Mastani (Hindi).
- Best Children’s Film: Duronto (Hindi) directed by Soumnedra Padhi.
- Best Child Artist: Gaurav Menon for the film Ben (Malayalam).
- Special Jury Award: Margarita with a Straw (Hindi) directed by Kalki Koechlin.
- Best Cinematography: Remo D’Souza for the film Bajirao Mastani (Hindi).
- Indira Gandhi Award for Best Debut Film of a Director: Neeraj Ghaywan for the film Masaan (Hindi).
- Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration: Nanak Shah Fakir (Punjabi) directed by Sartaj Singh Pannu.
About National Film Awards
- In India the National Film Awards are most protruding most prominent film award ceremonies.
- The award is presented annually since it establish in 1954.
- The national panel of Juries which is appointed by Union Government is selected winners in different categories.
- The President of India presents this award in the official ceremony.
- Published/Last Modified on: May 5, 2016