6th National Voters’ Day has been celebrated by EC across India [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
The 6th National Voters’ Day has been celebrated by Election Commission of India (ECI) across the country. Theme of 2016 is “Inclusive and Qualitative Participation”. Observances: To make this day more memorize ECI has organized National level function in New Delhi in which President Pranab Mukherjee was the Chief Guest.
- Nasim Zaidi Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) also released the book on this day titled as Belief in the Ballot and presented the first copy to the President.
- For Best Electoral Practices to Chief Electoral Officers President also gave Awards.
- And the District Electoral Officers and other Officers are involved in election management.
- For best campaign in Voters’ Education and Awareness, Civil society organizations and Media houses were also given awards.
- In 2011 the National Voters’ Day was started in to commemorate the foundation day of the Election Commission of India (ECI).
Significance of Day:
- Main reason behind formation of the day is to mark foundation day of ECI which came into existence on 25th January 1950.
- This day is also being observed to spread awareness among voters regarding effective participation in the electoral process.
- Published on: January 25, 2016