7 Indian Companies Listed on 2016 Fortune 500 List [ Current News (Concise) ]
2016 Fortune 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations in terms of revenue in seven Indian companies made it the list. Fortune 500 list is an annual ranking of the world’s richest companies. Its compiled by the American business magazine Fortune and published globally by Time Inc.
- In this list, companies are ranked by total revenues for their respective financial year which has ended on or before 31, March 2015.
- Revenue figures of companies generally include their joined subsidiaries, reported revenues from the discontinued operations and excluding excise taxes.
7 Indian companies are:
Global top 10 companies:
- In 2015, world’s 500 largest companies collectively generated 27.6 trillion dollars in revenues and 1.5 trillion dollars in profits.
- 2016 Fortune Global 500 companies 67 million people work worldwide and are represented by 33 countries.
- Published/Last Modified on: July 22, 2016