8th March: International Women’s Day [ Current News (Concise) - Important Days ]
Every year 8th March is observe as International Women’s Day. This year in 2016 Women’s day theme is “Planet 50 - 50 by 2013, Step it up for Gender Equality”. The Ministry of women and child development has announced to set up new four one-stop crisis centers (currently eight is already available across the country).
About Women’s Day:
- Earlier on 28th February 1909 the Social Party of America has held Women’s Day in New York.
- And from 1977 women’s day is celebrated worldwide after United Nation General Assembly has invite all states members for conference based on Women’s Rights and world peace.
- Every year on this day many cultural activities are organized by government to empower women and reduce gender inequality
- In some of the nation 8th March is declared as official holly day for women’s.
- It is originally called working women’s Day.
- The focus of celebrations is to respect women.
- In 2014 The World Economic Forum predicted that. until 2095 we will achieve global gender parity
- An in 2015 they estimated that the due to slowdown in the already glacial pace of progress. gender gap wouldn’t close entirely until 2133
- Published on: March 8, 2016