A new campaign named ‘Start-up India; Stand up India’ announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi [ Current News (Concise) ]
About the Prime Minister: The Prime Minister is the chief of government. He is chief adviser to the President of India. He is also head of the Council of Ministers and the leader of the majority party in the parliament.
- The prime minister leads the executive branch of the Government of India.
- The current Prime Minister of India is Narendra Modi of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
About ‘Start - up India; Stand - up India campaign’
- On the day before of celebration of 69th Independence Day at Red Fort, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a new campaign ‘Start - up India; Stand up India’ an initiative to promote bank finance for Start - ups.
- The campaign was announced with an aim to increase inventiveness among the youth and to create employment in India.
- As per the enterprise PM counselled 1.25 lakh bank branches to provide finance to at least one Dalit or Adivasi and at least one woman entrepreneur.
- Published on: August 18, 2015