AB de Villiers selected as brand ambassador of MRF [ Current News (Concise) ]
About AB de Villiers: “AB” de Villiers means Abraham Benjamin de Villiers was born on 17th February 1984. He is a cricketer of South Africa. He is captain of the South African One Day International (ODI) team. He succeeded Graeme Smith after the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
- He holds the second - highest individual score with 278 * runs. He has archives the fastest 50 runs in 16 balls, 100 runs in 31 balls and 150 runs in 64 balls in One Day Internationals.
- He became the first South African cricketer who score a double century against India with his top score of 217 * on 4th April 2008. He also scored two continuous centuries in the 2011 World Cup.
About his appointment:
- AB de Villiers has selected as the brand ambassador of tyre manufacturing giants MRF Limited.
- K. M. Mammen who is MRF’s Chairman and Managing Director has officially given the agreement of selection to him at the MRF office in Chennai.
- His responsibility as ambassador is to authorize the company’s products and services through advertising operations and other such promotional programs during the term of the agreement.
- MRF stands for Madras Rubber Factory Limited.
- It is the largest manufacturer of tyres in all over India.
- It’s headquarter is in Chennai of India.
- It manufactures rubber products like tyres, footsteps, tubes and conveyor belts, paints, toys etc.
- MRF also runs the MRF Pace Foundation in Chennai and MRF Trial in motorsport.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 22, 2015