AIR Launch Website and Mobile App for Balochi [ Current News (Concise) - Science & Technology ]
Public broadcaster Prasar Bharati is going to launch a website and mobile app for All India Radio’s Balochi service to be connected with all the people who speak the language across the world.
- This service was started in 1974 by the External Services Division (ESD) of All India Radio which is broadcasting Baluchi program of one hour every day.
- A Surya Prakash the chairman of Prasar Bharati will launch this app and website.
- This will enable ESD to enhance its existing shortwave transmissions for various language services.
- This thought to launch website and mobile app is came after PM Narendra Modi shows his concern about Baluchistan population on the Independent day of India.
- Currently Baluchistan population is facing many problems in the fight against the Shia-Islamist Iranian government and to discover them and help the population, Prasar Bharti has taken important step by launching App and Website.
- Currently AIR is broadcasting in 57 radios across the 108 Countries in 27 different languages.
- About All India Radio:
- All India Radio (AIR) was founded in 1930 and it is also known as Akashvani.
- It is the national public radio broadcaster of India and a part of Prasar Bharati and Doordarshan (the national public television broadcaster as sister service).
- AIR covers more than 99% of the Indian Population and one of the biggest network in the world.
- Its headquarters is located at the Akashvani Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Published on: September 16, 2016