ASMITA a Student Tracking System To Be Launched Soon [ Current News (Concise) ]
ASMITA, a student tracking system programme will soon be launched by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), it is acronym for All School Monitoring Individual Tracing Analysis.
- ASMITA will be launched under Shala Asmita Yojana (SAY).
- SAY will track the educational journey of school students from Class I to Class XII for around 15 lakhs private and government schools in the country.
- ASMITA will be an online database regarding information of student such as:
- Presence and enrollment
- Learning outcomes
- Mid-day meal service
- Infrastructural facilities among others
- For this every students will be followed through their Aadhaar numbers and in case any students not have unique number then it will be provided with Aadhaar number.
- The main reason behind implementation of ASMITA scheme is to stop corruption in mid-day meals.
- Published on: May 25, 2016