Aadhaar Details Sharing Banned [ Current News (Concise) ]
The Union Government has barred Aadhaar number possession agencies to publish or post the information openly to stop the misuse of such a personal details by publicize the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued notification under the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits and services) Act, 2016.
- According to the order of Union Government the agencies have to confirm security and confidentiality of the 12-digit resident identification number under the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
- So now UIDAI’s collected biometric information cannot be shared with anyone for any reason and if in the any case the agencies have to share any information then they have to inform Aadhaar holders for what reason their details will be used.
- So from now any destruction of the Aadhaar Act will institute an offence and is punishable under the Act and penalty will be prescribed for offences such as impersonation of the Aadhaar holder at time of enrolment, tampering with data and disclosing identity information under this Act.
About Aadhaar enrolment:
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a central government agency of India.
- It is committed to the former Planning Commission of India, now NITI Aayog.
- Its work is to collect the biometric and demographic data of residents, store them in a centralized database, and issue a 12 - digit unique identity number called Aadhaar to each resident.
- Published on: September 19, 2016