Aadhaar Will Soon Be Connected with Caste and Domicile Certificates [ Current News (Concise) ]
All state governments have get suggestion from Union Government to link Aadhaar with caste and domicile certificates for school students with this Union Government has started first-of-its-kind initiative to issue these certificates to the students within 60 days while they are studying in Class V or VIII.
- Union Government is aims to support state governments for linking Aadhaar with caste and domicile certificates to control harassment faced by citizens to get these certificates.
- With this students will get timely grant of scholarship that are belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) without any postponements.
- State government also have tried to get the information of students if feasible to served it into the meta data to be complete online that may be further connected to Aadhaar enabled data.
Why caste or tribe or domicile certificates are issued?
- The accountability for issuance of residency (domicile) and caste certificates breaks with the States and Union territories.
- These certificates are allotted for providing facilitate to access the bona-fide to candidates that are from SC/ST categories to the reserved posts and services below the Central and State governments.
- It also will be serving as important document to protected admission in educational institutions and get other facilities.
- Aadhaar is a 12-digit number which give proof of identity and address anywhere in the country.
- It is measured as the world’s largest national identification project.
- The main aim of Aadhaar is to gather the biometric and demographic data of residents, store them in a national database.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued the Aadhaar number.
- Published on: June 23, 2016