’Aapki Beti Humari Beti’ scheme launched in Haryana [ Current News (Concise) ]
’Aapki Beti Humari Beti’ scheme launched in Haryana by chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar and aim to reduce the gap between boys and girl sex ration in the state for the both rural and urban areas.
- Manohar Lal Khattar launched the scheme by giving away a cheque of 21000 rupees each to mothers of six female children born on or after 22 January 2015.
- Manohar Lal Khattar also announced to increase the amount of Indira Gandhi Mahila Shakti Award from Rs one lakh to Rs 1.5 lakh, Behan Shanno Devi Award from Rs 51,000 to Rs one lakh, Life Time Achievement Award from Rs 21,000 to Rs 51,000.
- Panipat has received with first prize of four lakh rupees in 2015 and also registering sex ratio of 892 girls per 1000 boys in the year 2014 as compared to 851 in the year 2013.
- Jind has received second prize of two lakh rupees and, Rohtak has received third prize of two lakh rupees in 2014 for improving sex ratio.
- Other schemes that were launched during the function-
- Haryana Kanya Kosh: for the welfare and development of girl child and women in the state
- Multi Sectoral Nutrition Programme: The programme will address the maternal and child nutrition in five districts namely Mewat, Fatehabad, Narnaul, Palwal and Kaithal
- Published on: March 12, 2015